Monday 29 May 2023

Backlog Additions #2: Dreadful May

 Up to May I was able to not buy too many miniatures and the painted to bought ratio was actually quite good. And then came May (June will probably see my backlog grow as well if I manage to get my hands on the Leviathan starter), the month that sees me grow a year older... and that was apparently full of Kill Team releases this year. So, without further ado, let's see what was added to my pile of shame.


The last days of April saw the preorder announcement for Gallowfall. I managed to secure a copy at my FLGS. And friends bought the Corpse Grinder Cult miniatures for Necromunda and that big swamp orc monster for my birthday. I won't lie, I'm quite anxious to build big monsters, but when the time comes it will be a really nice centrepiece for my Kruleboyz.


Then it turned out that she starters for Shadow Collective become increasingly more difficult to buy and that their prices are going up and up. So, thankfully I got my tax return and just grabbed this box and the Essentials Kit. So now I have a small force for Legion.


The little box with goblins is a treat for completing a painting goal (of painting 40 goblins). I know I wrote about posting about it at least once, but I still didn't get to organize my thoughts on the topic. The big box was the true surprise of the month. I didn't expect it to come out so quickly after Gallowfall, but once again I managed to secure a copy at my FLGS.

PS. I managed to assemble some miniatures as well!

Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition? Here we have the leader of the inquisitorial Kill Team - the Interrogator.


The team that mattered for me more - the Fellhorn Ravagers. Assembled and waiting to be painted or played with.


And the Corpse Grinders Cult. I didn't like one of the head options, so I left out the "head cage". Those are currently primed and I will be playing with this faction in my first ever Necromunda game - if nothing goes awry, that'll happen this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment